Get the most out of your smartphones with these clever applications
While most of us are happy to communicate with our family, friends and customers via standard means such as text messages, emails, and phone calls, we fail to utilise the thousands of apps that are made for our mobiles. Nowadays, there’s a phone app for just about anything – chances are, if you find yourself thinking of an app that will make your life a lot more manageable or easier, it’s already been made.
A smartphone application is any piece of software downloaded onto a mobile phone. In most cases, apps are downloadable for free from the operating system, but some may cost as little as $4. If you own an iPhone, you go online to the App Store on your phone. If you use an Android phone, you go to the Google Play Store.
Depending on what you are looking for, there are thousands of apps literally at your fingertips. Whether you need an app that can provide you with entertainment, or one that helps you better organise your day and be more productive, you only need to read this list of the top 5 apps to get an idea of what to download:
1. Angry Birds: Downloaded in over 116 countries, this game is more of a test of skill than anything else. Praised for its successful combination of addictive gameplay, comical style, and free downloads, this is one you definitely want when you need to stave off boredom. For downloading on Android go here.
2. Flashlight: As the name suggests, you no longer need to struggle around in the dark when you download this free smartphone app. The brightest flashlight mode is on instantly when you open the app, and you can vary the brightness. For Android visit here.
3. Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker: For the health-conscious phone users, this app helps you lose weight by counting the calories of everything you consume every day. With a food database of over 1,100,000+, this app even offers exercises and reports on your weight, measurements and motivation. Android version is here.
4. Shazam: Ever been somewhere and heard a song you love, but don’t know the name of it? Shazam will identify it for you in as little as one second. Just open up the app and press record and Shazam will present the song name and artist for you. Shazam for Android is here.
5. Urban Spoon: If you’d like some help deciding where to eat, download this free app. Simply shake your phone and the wheels will spin until they settle on a good restaurant nearby. Urban Spoon for Android is available here.
iPhone and Android apps are functional and innovative pieces of software that are designed to make your life that little bit easier. Download these today and benefit from this great technology.