It happens everywhere and to everyone. You delete a file erroneously and then you try to recover it. If it is in trash and you have not yet deleted your trash items , all you need to do is to go to Recycle Bin and recover the file. However , if you have cleared your trash items , then the recovery gets a little difficult. But not impssible for sure. There is a very high chance that your file in the hard disk has not been overwritten yet if you have enough space in your hard disk. Here are the steps you can take to recover your deleted file or files.
- Stop doing any work on your computer to increase chances of recovery of your deleted file.
- Download this free software named Recuva from here and install it.
- Run the Recuva software and use the Recuva Wizard . Click next and select the type of files you need to recover.
- On the next screen select the location of the deleted file that you need to recover if you can recall. Otherwise , select I am not sure option and click start.
- Here are the results of the scan . From there you check the file you want to recover and select the output location.
If you can not recover your file using this wizard , then you can try using advanced options which would perform a deeper scan and take more time ( up to many hours ).