Due to acceptability and standardization PDF files are widely used as sharing medium. Viewing and printing PDF files is very easy, you just need to install the free of cost Adobe Reader. All the major browsers and software applications support PDF. Editing PDF file is not that easy. Convertion to a PDF document from normal Word document can’t be accomplished through Adobe Reader. There are many software applications that do this task for you. Given below are the processes of converting normal files to PDF format.
Microsoft Word 2010 PDF converter
Converting a Word document to PDF is extremely simple. For Word 2007, “Save as PDF or XPS” is required which is available free of cost from this link. Procedure for the conversion is same for 2010 and older versions.
- Open the document for conversion, either by double clicking the file or using Open file options.
- Once document is opened, press File menu, then Save As.
- From the dropdown appearing in “Save As Type” select PDF.
- In the same dialog box, you can give any name of your choice to the desired PDF file.
- System will ask you further about the quality requirements, i.e. Standard and Minimum.
- Check “Open File After Publishing “if you want the PDF document to open up after conversion.
- You may click Options button in same dialog box for advanced tasks, like for allowing Comments and track changes. Press OK once done.
- Now press Save.
PDF Creation Utilities
There are many utilities available online to convert documents, htmls or other web pages and pictures to PDF format. Given below are the steps you need to follow in order to convert the above mentioned files in PDF using EXP system’s “PDF redirect”. This works with all major current Windows like XP, Vista, Windows 7.
- Make sure PDF reDirect is installed on your system properly.
- Go to the item to be converted into PDF and open it.
- Go to Print menu of the program you are in, for instance for a webpage use the print option of Browser.
- Now select PDF reDirect.
- In the dialog box you have many useful options, like choosing the destination path, name of your choice, quality like standard or minimum, or security levels like password protection etc. Once done press Save
- Click OK
Something to Ponder
- Don’t remove your original file once you have created the PDF of the same. Transition of the document to PDF is easy but not vice versa.
- Usually the PDF converted file carries everything from source file, however sometime there are formatting issues in the PDF. Some types of bullets of MS Word are not always converted, or many gadgets and graphical items on WebPages don’t’ look the same. So make sure that you check the PDF file after conversion, to confirm if everything is fine.